View current Sirdar vacancies below
Sirdar is Africa’s leading educator, appointer and guide of high-performance boards. Our promise is meaningful economic impact. We believe that effective boards grow companies, helping them become more sustainable with less risk and better returns.
We currently have one internship position available for 2021. This presents a wonderful prospect for aspiring leaders with limited or no experience to watch and learn from industry leaders and at the same time make a specific individual contribution to Sirdar’s business goals.
You will have the opportunity to put theory into practice, develop your confidence, build up your CV in terms of delivery specific to your field of interest, increase your marketability, build personal connections, and experience work dynamics in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Please note, that Sirdar does not have a formal internship programme per se. We simply provide an opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience in our field while working in our business. Our interns do, however, take on the role of an employee and are given ownership of specific projects and deliverables, while at the same time job shadowing the members of our team during client meetings, workshops and the general daily grind.
What to Expect:
Our internships do not offer a full employment salary, but rather a stipend to assist with covering costs of travel to work, meals, etc. The stipend is currently set at R6000 per month. Sirdar do not provide support regarding the arrangement of accommodation/daily transport/meals etc. which are all for your own account (we will, however, provide advice and guidance in this regard). Our internship position will run for six months with an assessment being conducted in month five to determine whether or not it will be extended.
Internship Opportunity: DTP Operator
Sirdar is Africa’s leading educator, appointer and guide of high-performing boards, and is actively seeking a DTP Operator to join our growing team as an intern for a six-month period.
This person’s duties would include:
- Redesigning layouts for items such as brochures, proposals and speaker profiles.
- Designing items such as mailers and infographics from scratch.
- Designing items for social media e.g. gifs.
- Assisting with ad hoc marketing duties.
This is an extremely exciting position as we are currently finalising our rebrand which the successful candidate will help us to implement.
- Relevant graphic design qualification
- Own laptop with design software
- Ability to stick to strict visual language guidelines while thinking out of the box
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- A passion for marketing, strong desire to learn and professional drive
- Knowledge of best practices and platforms for social media for business
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary: Our internships do not offer a full employment salary, but rather a stipend to assist with covering costs of travel to work, meals etc. The stipend is currently set at R6,000.00 per month.
How to apply:
- Ensure that you meet all of the requirements for the position.
- Provide a brief motivation letter including a few paragraphs regarding why you would like to join Sirdar specifically for your internship.
- Include a copy of your CV, your latest academic transcript as well as your student portfolio.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Should you not be contacted by a consultant within two weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.